Home » Audio » Speaker » Can a notch filter improve phase lag?
Re: Can a notch filter improve phase lag? [message #19911 is a reply to message #19906] Thu, 01 April 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
INformative post, Martin! Thanx.

-akhilesh

Your not qualified [message #19913 is a reply to message #19906] Thu, 01 April 2004 12:05 Go to previous message
TC is currently offline  TC
Baron
>>The purists at AA have completely closed minds and very little technical understanding beyond the rhetoric. Our frined TC is a prime example.

==Oh Martin Behave. There's a beauty in "purity" you are not qualified to comment on.

I learned a long time ago that engineers have difficulty seeing art, or understanding art. They discard art like everything else that does not fit a "particulate" way of thinking.

What you percieve as a lack of "technical background" or "undrstanding" is replaced with a "balance".

My background in hydraulics and fluid dynamics was coupled with avionics and basic electrical circuitry design by the 8th grade. I was lucky my dad was/is a sr Boeing Engr. So by the time I was 18 I had had enough of pure engineering, so what? I moved on to art.

It's almost insulting I should have to write this. But I HAVE a technical background. So what if my methods do not subscribe to your matchcad worksheets. They only let you "see" the potential. ANd tell you nothing of "how" to build.

I am not about to quibble technical trivia about music reproduction with a pure engineer as yourself. Just go about managing your acoustic particles without getting personal.

And please try not to confuse lack of technical sophistication with a well balanced art and technical background or I'll be forced cause further purist insights into why passive circuits suck.

TC

Previous Topic: Re: Can a notch filter improve phase lag?
Next Topic: Some messages have been removed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 11 21:34:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout