Home » Audio » Speaker » Listening distance from speaker
Re: It depends... [message #19059 is a reply to message #19057] Thu, 01 February 2007 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
And I agree to see you in May, too!

Duke

Re: It depends... [message #19060 is a reply to message #19055] Thu, 01 February 2007 06:36 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
That makes sense! Thanks guys.
A steeper slope clearly allows subs to go up higher & tweeters to go down lower.
The issue is: what if we are using drivers that don;t need the sub to go up too much (for example suppose someone is trying to cross a sub at 50 hz, becuase their "full range" speaker system supposedly performs well to 40 hz> Should they corss the sub at 50 hz with a shallower slope, or at 80 hz with a steeper slope? Of course, issues like IM distortion, room effects all come into play, and eachsituation has its own solution, but you see my point?

Similarly, what if the tweter (or horn) can go all theway down to 500 HZ, but one is still crossing it much higher. Should one then cross it at a steeper slope or a shallower slope? Again, I think each situation has its own solution. IN general, I agree with Duke, steeper is better.

I'm just trying to justify my recent purchasr of a BBE bs48 guys!It allows slope adjustment, and I wasgoing to try with my 3 different active systems to see what slopeworks.
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Word document for cutting flange of Neo Tweeters
Next Topic: Fostex FE126e
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 14:54:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers