Home » Audio » Speaker » ALtec Vott evaluation: A7 - 500
Re: ALtec Vott evaluation: A7 - 500 [message #18045 is a reply to message #18038] Thu, 07 July 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

'Bout time to have another meeting. I may have a 12 π basshorn sub done by then, and if so, I'll bring it.

Re: ALtec Vott evaluation: A7 - 500 [message #18047 is a reply to message #18034] Thu, 07 July 2005 19:33 Go to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I understand what you mean about the imaging. The A7 images, but it is a different presentation than with typical "high end" direct radiator speakers. The more you listen, the altecs image more like live music, which is never the same presentation as I get from my direct radiator type speakers. They (direct radiator) throw a large spacious image, and is enjoyable and all with lots of detail, but live music really doesn't sound like nor "image" like that. The altecs have a truely live sound presentation. I know there have been a few other altec users here all along, but it sure is nice to see so many other new A7 converts out there in this forum. Con grats Akhilesh on your A7 aquisition, sad to hear you couldn't use the cabs, they are huge! I have often wondered how the Altec drivers would perform in 7 Pi corner horns, and it will be interesting to see how yours turn out.

Russellc

Previous Topic: New Pic & Observations
Next Topic: Man this is great
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 18:00:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers