Home » Audio » Speaker » Horn Cab for the Lab 12
Re: Horn Cab for the Lab 12 [message #16503 is a reply to message #16502] Mon, 17 May 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
just an example
i dont have that CAD file anymore. ITs a simple matter of redoing it,to your exact specifications. Email me with Exactly what you need,and i can CAD you up a similar thing. Notice also that the lab12 is a physicaly HUGE woofer,huge magnet,that woofer in the diagram was just a test.

Cheers!

phase plugs [message #16508 is a reply to message #16482] Mon, 17 May 2004 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi Grame

Will the phase plugs look anything like these?

Looks like a lot of precision is needed, looks hard! Can you post results here of what happens when you get around to building some phase plugs.

By the way those scans above are from AES Preprint 1384, application of bob smiths phasing plug.

Adrian

Re: phase plugs [message #16509 is a reply to message #16508] Mon, 17 May 2004 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sorry about misspelling your name. Man, I dunno how I did that, I even checked to see if I spelt it right because I spelt it with a 'h' before in the past so I wanted to make sure I got it this time. My eyes must be playing tricks on me cuz I swear I had it spelt right when I typed it out :p

Re: phase plugs [message #16512 is a reply to message #16508] Tue, 18 May 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GraemeG is currently offline  GraemeG
Baron
Hi Adran.... (small dig at spelling!!!! - but used to spelling mistakes on these forums)

Yeah, a bit like figure 5, but with only two rings instead of four. This will be reasonably small, so a bit of precision and patience will be required. Once I get a design I am happy with, I will investigate getting them moulded in fibreglass.

BTW recognised the scan - I have that article.

Cheers
Graeme

Re: phase plugs [message #16513 is a reply to message #16512] Tue, 18 May 2004 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi Graeme

hahaha.

Will you make the phase plugs yourself? Perhaps CNC/CAM would make things a lot easier.

Adrian

Re: phase plugs [message #16514 is a reply to message #16513] Wed, 19 May 2004 00:22 Go to previous message
GraemeG is currently offline  GraemeG
Baron
I will make the initial ones from layered MDF and lathe to shape - it's a lot easier than you would think.

Cheers
Graeme

Previous Topic: Speaker Question
Next Topic: Audiophile Sub project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 13:23:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers