Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » There are no hunting accidents
Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57953 is a reply to message #57952] Thu, 16 February 2006 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Would you?

Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57954 is a reply to message #57953] Fri, 17 February 2006 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Hi John,
I was merely trying to point out that an accident is something that is unintentional. Yes, it is usually the result of carelessness on someone's part. That does not make it a crimional offence, whether it is a traffic accident or some other type of accident.
Wouldn;t you agree?

Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57955 is a reply to message #57954] Fri, 17 February 2006 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Actually; were he under the influence of alchohol at the time it most certainly would be a criminal offence.
Also there are laws regarding the allowable time frame in which the event is reported.
Then we have the original point which was this; that all hunters are trained from day one to act in a certain manner that prevents these very things from happening; one of those proscriptions is know where your companions are at all times and be absolutely certain the field of fire is clear.
If it could be proven that he was negligent in following these rules he would be a candidate for a lawsuit at the least.
Experienced hunters don't have "accidents".

Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57957 is a reply to message #57955] Fri, 17 February 2006 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
"were he under the influence of alchohol at the time it most certainly would be a criminal offence. "
That's a shoulda woulda coulda hypothetical. Not a statement of fact. If he wore women's clothes that would make him a transvestite, you know.

"that all hunters are trained from day one to act in a certain manner that prevents these very things from happening"

HUnters are not God. Most hunters are not trained, they grow into it and learn by example. They are human too.

"one of those proscriptions is know where your companions are at all times and be absolutely certain the field of fire is clear.
If it could be proven that he was negligent in following these rules he would be a candidate for a lawsuit at the least.
Experienced hunters don't have "accidents". "
I disagree. THe same argument can extend to saying that experienced drivers don;t have accidents, and the truth is, they do. That's why they call them accidents.

-akhilesh

Re: There are no hunting accidents [message #57959 is a reply to message #57957] Fri, 17 February 2006 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; he admitted to one beer at lunch; but why wait 24 hrs to report it? Time enough to clean out.
All hunters are trained; they must take a training course to get their liscence; and they learn from other hunters who teach them the rules as per the posts at the beggining of the thread.
Your analogy regarding driving and hunting just doesn't fly. Thats what I tried to make clear.
Driving puts you in a setting with lights and stop signs and two way traffic and all of the other rules of the road along with countless others who speed and make illegal turns and run stop signs and cut you off. The roads are crowded and conditions are not controlled and organised but in reality people dis-obey the driving rules all the time.
Hunting is done in a closed system out in the open with a very small group of companions all aware of the conditions and the rules. Except for the possibility of a small group of other hunters which is highly unlikely since the hunting party was on private land; they were in effect all alone with their small and very experienced party of very experienced long time hunters.
As I said he was either drunk or careless; no excuse for either condition for experienced hunters.
So again; there are no hunting accidents only carelessness or stupidity or alchohol.

Re: Considering he was bird hunting [message #57961 is a reply to message #57945] Sun, 19 February 2006 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)

What Do you think about the theory that they rigged the elections and really shoulldn;t be in office?

Re: Considering he was bird hunting [message #57962 is a reply to message #57961] Sun, 19 February 2006 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
AK;I just saw this post. When you say rigged I have no knowledge of that; were all the votes fairley counted? No.
The first election was the steal; they stole that from the voting public when the other Bush forced the court to resolve that in GW's favor.
Lets be square here; Bush failed at everything he ever did; his businesses his schooling his military service.
Cheney flunked out of Yale and was arressted twice for DWI. See a pattern here?
Spoiled arrogant rich brats who think the country belongs to the very wealthy and screw the rest of us.
Any one who can say that this administration has made the country a better place with a straight face, is so out of touch that truthfully I can't be bothered taking them seriously.
The arguments are specious and false and I firmly believe that they came into office with the express purpose of bankrupting the federal government so as to destroy all of the social safety net and put more money into the marketts and the pockets of the rich. Anyonne who thinks that by removing all of the benefits our parents and forefathers worked so hard to enjoy will make their lives better is in a dreamworld. When they are done; all the working people including yourself and everyone you know will be worse off; not better.
Thats my belief and I see more and more happening to confirm that suspician; and now they are getting panicky because the Bushe's time is running out and they haven't stolen enough of the peoples hard-earned benefits yet. So look for them to start pushing all the hot buttons again; gay marriage/taxes/school prayer; all the irrelavant nonsense that riles all the yahoos up so as to take the spotlight off off the trashing of the country. Our rights/benefits and personal happiness; under the name of terrorism, while they let thousands of terrorists into the country every day across the southern borders in order to provide cheap labor and drive down wages. They are willing to sacrifice all of our security in order to keep salaries low.

No no [message #57965 is a reply to message #57962] Sun, 19 February 2006 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
John,
don;t be bashful. PLease tell us what you really think!

BTW, in all fairness to the current administration,

a) the economy has done very well, given we have had so many upheavals. To the extent that any presidency can take credit, these guys deserve credit for that in my opinion.

b) we haven't been hit by any suicide bombers or any other terrorist attack since 9-11,

THe above a) & b) are facts and not opinions or beliefs. I'm not throwing them out to provoke an argument,just facts that reflect that the current admin has done SOME good.

Re: No no [message #57966 is a reply to message #57965] Sun, 19 February 2006 19:34 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I would only qualify that by saying you can't prove anything by negative association. There were no attacks before 9/11 either for ten years.
The economy is doing good? I'm confused; whats the average rate of return on equity investments for the past five years?
The average wage has decreased in real terms.
My state and local taxes have risen dramatically; almost doubling in the past 6 years because of the Federal Govts reducing the tax allocation for the states and education.
Don't have to mention energy prices.
The charade of wealth due to the increase in real estate valuation will fade as the inflation is whipped into the economic stew over the next few yrs.
Lots more where this came from.
How many high paying jobs in the last 6 yrs have been lost to low wage service sector jobs?
You may be doing well and I certainly hope that is true; but many are not.

Previous Topic: The Truth
Next Topic: Old Towers, Part 6 :-)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 04 05:46:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout