Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hey, Wayne! You Rock!
Delta 10's need break-in! [message #50609 is a reply to message #50608] Sat, 27 January 2007 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bill,

I'm sure they will sound better after break-in(as we discussed on the phone.

db: You lost me on what you were trying to convey in your previous posts. As to the different impedances of the drivers, Wayne and I have schooled Bill into what will work. I have fairly extensive experience with the JBL 2226 drivers as does Wayne. Also, we covered the many possible problems that may come up.

Bill: You might consider a smallish series resistor on the Delta 10 to smooth it out also. Maybe a 4 ohm or 6 ohm to see what it does!

Regards, Ron

Re: 12 Ohms and 1.8 Watts [message #50610 is a reply to message #50607] Sat, 27 January 2007 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
bill thanks,

Speakers are different (as Wayne tell us all the time) from resistors. They change with frequency and resonance.

T/S Re for the JBL 2226J = 10.0 ohms
T/S Re for Eminence Delta10 = 5.42 ohms

“With just a coil; way too bright.” “I put back the attenuation from the 2123: 15ohm R parallel and 10hm R series. Tamed the Delta right in line.”
“ and for the woofer, I'd just use a 6.0mH coil in series and that's it.”
– bill

Is this your setup bill? Are you using only this 3 components for the two woofers/mid part? I'am just curious.

DB

Re: Delta 10's need break-in! [message #50612 is a reply to message #50609] Sat, 27 January 2007 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master

Yes spkrman57,
I would trust Wayne. If I had a speaker factory I would give r&d, sales/marketing and front office to Wayne.
I would be happy in the back mailroom desk/counter. Only that I wouldn't have the time to be seated.
dB

Re: Delta 10's need break-in! [message #50692 is a reply to message #50612] Tue, 13 February 2007 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stollie is currently offline  Stollie
Chancellor
Broken in yet? Any improvement? To be honest, this mid driver is the only thing keeping me from going with the 7pi. And the JBL mid driver puts the project out of my range.

Re: Delta 10's need break-in! [message #50693 is a reply to message #50692] Tue, 13 February 2007 17:04 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think the Eminence Delta 10 sounds very nice in the seven π midhorn. You might try it and see how you like it. The price is right.

You may know that I tend to favor JBL Profesional Series woofers. The addition of a shorting ring and the build quality of the JBL 22xx woofers is much better than comparable Eminence woofers, in my opinion. But not so much with the mids. Especially since the driver is horn loaded, which reduces excursion and low-passes the overtones, tending to attenuate harmonics.

My suggestion: Go with a JBL 2226 in the Profesional Series seven π bass bin. Use the Delta 10 in the midhorn. Pick your favorite compression driver and you're set.

Previous Topic: Wayne, can I have the plans for the 10pi?
Next Topic: 2 Pi tower making music!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 19:55:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout