gofar99 Messages: 2055 Registered: May 2010 Location: Southern Arizona
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi As a SS amp generally yes. But I design ans build my own tube gear and I much prefar the sound.A picture of my current system. There are 4 Oddblocks on either side of the tape recorder. On the top right shelf with a wood case is one of my tube phono preamps. Just below the Empire turntable under it and not really visible is my line stage preamp. All my designs and have been posted eleswhere on the web (mostly in diyaudioprojects.com). The tall speakers are Martin Logan ESLs. Behind them in the corners are Altec Lansing home versions of the voice of the theater. I use only the low frequency drivers as subs (awesome). The second photo is of a stereo version of the amps with a modular SS preamp. Most of the projects have been published in Audio Express.