Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Will there be a time when tube amps are rarely used?
Re: Will there be a time when tube amps are rarely used? [message #99815 is a reply to message #99805] Mon, 21 September 2026 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Kurt is currently offline  Kurt
Messages: 37
Registered: December 2025
Baron
Rusty wrote on Wed, 16 September 2026 11:53
Unfortunately for the DIY kit crowd for tube gear thought up and made for sale here in the US. The market has been very tough on these people. I don't know what's left of Kit audio made in the USA. But the one I used went kaputs soon from when the tariffs started. Like so many things made in the USA, it's a thing of the past.



I totally understood what you are saying about the DIY tube kit market getting hammered with tariff that have made them struggle a lot. It is not a good scene at all, and I fear that it affects productions in different ways.

However,  I am confident that demands for tubes will always come because there are many of us who would always prefer that warm glow and the hands-on build no matter the cost. The demand is not going to vanish overnight in spite of the challenges so far.
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Buying Amps on eBay
Next Topic: Tubes from Russia
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Oct 04 06:11:03 CDT 2026

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio
Tubes For Amps
TubesForAmps.com

Lone Star Audiofest