Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Looks Bad, Sounds Good
Re: Looks Bad, Sounds Good [message #99776 is a reply to message #82875] Thu, 10 September 2026 00:08 Go to previous message
Clint is currently offline  Clint
Messages: 53
Registered: December 2025
Baron
I've got a couple of gears that didn't look that fantastic, but deliver quality when in use like the pair of used small monitors that I bought years back from a store down the street. Looking at them, you would discard it as not good because of how they looked.

I took my chance with them after the seller convinced me. The first time that I connected them for recording beats, the clarity was amazing. I had a nice session using them, and the mixes sounded good when I tested and ran it in my car.

That experience made me not always disregard what certain gears can do by mere looking at them. I still have the monitors and use it for minor projects.
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Quality Consistency
Next Topic: Breathing Technique
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 01 04:38:50 CDT 2026

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio
Tubes For Amps
TubesForAmps.com

Lone Star Audiofest