Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » To anybody that's seen a MQ S-271-A...
Re: Fine idea! [message #9881 is a reply to message #9879] Sun, 31 December 2006 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
Which revision he's building is anybody's guess. I read some of his stories on one of the lists ( joe perhaps ), about how Bill Pearl bought the winding machines in CA and did not buy the TX prints because the story was circuilating that all the good audio was gone. Perhaps all the current revisions really were. I have additional anectdotal evidence which also suggests that MQ's library is far from complete across the Peerless line.

I know that after I had the S265Q cloned he told me it was wrong because *HIS* drawings didn't show any mylar insulation. In between primary and secondary the insulation was mylar and paper. His 1948 drawings only showed paper...I wish I could have seen his reaction when I made a similar suggestion to your thesis: the drawings may be missing bits, either by accident or deliberate practice.

Anyway, the 271 is a wicked bitch of a coil. I doubt that the original drawings would be of much use, compared to unwinding one carefully.
cheers,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message