Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Your Heavy Rotation Right Now
Re: Your Heavy Rotation Right Now [message #98027 is a reply to message #98025] Wed, 25 September 2024 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks Wayne. I find that rock & roll in that era in to the 70's was a very creative time for that genre. Unfortunately, and probably reflecting my age and the age old generational gap-o-sis, is I find my interest in rock diminished from the 90's on.
Many discussions over @ the Vinyl Engine where factions for older music and those that say, "there's still good music being made". Which.. Duh, of course. It's just that the volume of good music to schlock seems overwhelming this day and age.

I've read and watched some video on why popular music has suffered from creativity and quality. Technology has a part in it and the shift in how music is delivered to consumers. And of course the money factor.
Any how, I've always considered quality over quantity for my tastes and pocketbook. So my collection by many standards is fairly meager to guys that have literally thousands of records, c.d.'s, tapes and downloads.

I'm also struck by how, again from my take over at the Vinyl Engine. How few people there seem to be interested in doing DIY to achieve greater fidelity, and the satisfaction of putting your own sweat equity into the gear to hear what music you like.
Guess that's just the nature of our hobby. All's I know is, I'm glad to have been a part of it. I'd probably been like so many, buying gear all the time in that elusive pursuit of nirvana. Again quality over quantity. You don't have to break the bank to get it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message