Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Mains and subs (Looking for advice!)
Re: Mains and subs [message #97762 is a reply to message #97743] Sun, 09 June 2024 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Campcap is currently offline  Campcap
Esquire
1. 1000-1500 USD (flexible here but do want to save some for a nice amp)
2. A nice hifi that can extend low but sound musical and fresh. I listen to jazz, classical, reggae, electronic, ambient and metal mostly. The subs are just for that extra hz, don't plan on cranking them often. They will be everyday listeners, I like a fun and detailed sound with good imaging. Some coloration is cool as long as the highs and lows aren't boosted wildly like some lower end studio monitors. I don't need them for hyper critical listening or a perfectly flat response. Audiophile quality vinyl / lossless files as well as terribly compressed mp3s from youtube will be played. Many meals and drinks will be shared around these Wink
3. Room size Im actually not sure of since i'm moving in a few months, average living room size of a 1000 sq ft apartment which will be treated acoustically and have bass traps if they fit, but it will most likely not be an ideal size or shape room. The 3 pi sub box will remain the same in size / dimension, only thing that will be reshaped is the mains. I plan on making something similar looking to the klipsch la scalas, except that the folded horn would be the 3 pi subs with a nice grill or cloth and then making the mains similar in shape to how the top rectangular box looks, fitting the 1 pi mains in there. They will be on shorter stands if necessary to bring to ear level and my listening position is lower.

Thank you!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 7Pi questions and plan
Next Topic: It's getting to be subwoofer time.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 02 03:43:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio