Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7Pi questions and plan
Re: 7Pi questions and plan [message #97734 is a reply to message #97728] Wed, 05 June 2024 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
clarus is currently offline  clarus
Esquire
Thanks for the reply and the plan. I will have to study and make plans for it as I'm not an avid woodworker. I do have a small table saw which is not quite suitable for cutting large sheet goods.

The room will not have any furniture other than a listening chair and equipment rack, and back wall will be shelves of records. So I don't expect the slab echo to improve without adding significant sound absorbing panels. I just want to confirm these panels on the walls along the corner horn will not interfere with the corner horn operation.

Looking at your article on corner wave propagation, you mentioned that the sound source should ideally be at the apex of the corner. The further away from it, the more anomalies in the wave you will observe. I am still trying to understand how best to align the drivers. I am particularly sensitive to time domain smearing hence I am also looking into full range single driver solution. I need to digitally align my previous 3-way horn speaker before I can live with it.

Is there a reason why the bass is rolled off so early as the 2226H should be capable of going much lower?

As for the crossover, I see that there are a lot of padding for the mid and high. Would it be a better option to use 16ohm drivers and reduce the padding. I always thought that padding would increase the driving source impedance hence reduce the damping on the driver. May be a step down auto-former?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 7Pi cabinet building
Next Topic: Mains and subs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 02 01:29:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects