Home » Audio » General » Successful Frustration
Re: Successful Frustration [message #97733 is a reply to message #97730] Wed, 05 June 2024 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Dude, I'm totally with you on that. But - to me - that's the goal. If a design does everything you want it to do, what could be better than that?!! Enjoy it! And in your case - even better - make it available for others to enjoy too! Support them in building it!

Same thing for me and my speakers. The last "iterative" design change was updating the three Pi model to use the B&C 12PLB100 midwoofer. And that was simply because the high-end midwoofer option that had been available up until that time was slated to be discontinued, so I needed a replacement.

The last "major" design change was adding the H290C waveguide to the models. And even that wasn't really major because I had been using a similar wood horn/waveguide for years. So it was an iterative improvement too. It just seemed major 'cause I had to have an injection mold made for it.

I'm glad my designs are mature. To me, that is the "promised land." Audio isn't like computers, where designs are obsolete as soon as they go into production. In audio, a design may be state of the art for decades. Of course, some audio designs aren't, and can use continual improvement. But it certainly is possible to have an audio design that does everything "right" and doesn't benefit from incremental improvement.

So I applaud you for your Oddwatt designs!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Favorite Food While Watching A Movie
Next Topic: Tuning out on plane rides
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 17:14:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects