Home » Audio » Source » Tube DAC - SW1X, Abbas, LAB12, Sonic Frontiers?  () 1 Vote
Re: Tube DAC - SW1X, Abbas, LAB12, Sonic Frontiers? [message #97416 is a reply to message #97415] Tue, 06 February 2024 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I use tube gear from Transcendent sound. Sold as kits. https://www.transcendentsound.com/
I have their monoblock OTL amps from years ago. The T-16 mono's. 16 Russian 6c19pi tubes and their new preamp, The Slider with built in phono circuit. My speakers are Pi Theater 4 speakers. A discontinued speaker Wayne used to offer plans. Digital is a Yamaha carousel cd player then the Lite Audio-60 dac. My issue with cd playback was that bass would sound rather synthetic and generally a presentation throughout the musical spectrum seemingly 2 dimensional sounding. The Dac didn't seem to ameliorate that condition. The Aphex has. For phono, the laid back presentation inherent to vinyl playback has been made more vivid, vocals clearer and generally more engaging.

I think the home audio experience is simply an attempt to capture some sense of reality as best and much as you want to pursue it. The Aphex has for me has just made it a little more believable. Like Conway Twitty sang in the song. It's all only make believe. I've reached a plateau of contentment with the way the sound is for some years now. Feels good. Good hunting in your pursuit.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message