Home » Audio » Source » Tube DAC - SW1X, Abbas, LAB12, Sonic Frontiers?  () 1 Vote
Re: Tube DAC - SW1X, Abbas, LAB12, Sonic Frontiers? [message #97413 is a reply to message #97412] Tue, 06 February 2024 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
The DAC LITE Audio-60 goes back towards the first decade of the new century. I bought it for its reviews at the time and price I would spend. It never really gave what I found to be an improved presentation of the digital medium of CD's for me. I generally lost interest in digital for a good decade. Funny I had the Aphex all the time. But I used it exclusively with vinyl.
Here's a link about the Aphex that may give you some better insight.
https://www.soundoctor.com/aphex.htm
Most people interested in higher quality audio dismiss this device straight out as a distortion generator feeding back into the signal to enhance it. I don't notice any distortion. I find that it compliments the signal and brings out a higher quality sound to the original signal. It has mute buttons for each channel to compare. I found out about it originally from this link. https://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?/aphex104.htm
They don't carry it anymore.

Like the ad says. It isn't your electronics, it's the pre-recorded medium itself that lacks the impact and sparkle. Any-who I'm not into the pedigree of electronic brands and what the audio press says to throw your money at. I just want what sounds good to me. This thing has completed my wanderlust. I won't play without it now.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message