Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Relentless Salespeople
Re: Relentless Salespeople [message #97385 is a reply to message #97379] Wed, 24 January 2024 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Folks, I am not sure I should tell this one as it may offend some folks. But since it happened a long time ago like about 1964 and possibly the practice has changed or at least the individuals are unlikely to be around. It was summer break from college and I was at my parents house. Half asleep at the time. The doorbell rang and rang. So I answered it. There were two individuals from a local church at the door. Dressed to look like folks in need. They were selling pamphlets to raise funds for their church. They had been pests before according to my mother. About once a month for a long time. She stopped answering the door when she spotted them. They wanted to know if I wanted any of the pamphlets....I said no. Then they proceeded to tell me why I should want to help them. Again I said no. Then they asked what my religion was. I said none (being truthful to strangers has never been a big thing with me). They paused...then they wanted to know if I believe in God (similar response for similar reason). They kind of looked horrified but undeterred. Then they asked if I read the Bible. Again no. They asked why. I said I didn't own one. They then tried to sell me one. I refused. That apparently was the final straw. They turned around and left. They never came back. I suspect they put a hex on the house or something like that. My mother BTW was grateful. Moving up to the present...it seems that religious, political and energy folks don't think the several signs on my front door apply to them. Some things never change. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: No Christmas Tree For Me!
Next Topic: My Coffee Pot Saga
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 11:22:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout