Home » Audio » Source » Longest you've used a cartridge
Re: Longest you've used a cartridge [message #97343 is a reply to message #97340] Mon, 15 January 2024 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A good link. I have a 10-200X digital scope that feeds a PC monitor or HDMI TV. It has its own screen but it is only about 6 inches diagonal and not good enough to see what you need to see. As Wayne noted even knowing what to look for it is difficult to determine if a stylus is worn enough to replace. Micro ridge and similar ones are especially hard to tell. If I have any doubts it gets replaced. Styli are replaceable many LPs are not. If it is an expensive cartridge especially one that the stylus is not user replaceable I send it off to a pro to evaluate and if needed replace. This does cost $$ though. Often in the area of $75-100. Still cheap insurance on protecting the LPs. For folks that have modest budgets I would stick to cartridges that have easily replaceable stylus. The 55E should not be difficult to find a replacement for. Check over on the vinylengine web site for help in getting a good source. I would assist on that, but have no cartridges by that company.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How Does This Happen?
Next Topic: Tube DAC - SW1X, Abbas, LAB12, Sonic Frontiers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 18:20:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio