Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Prayers for Israel
Re: Prayers for Israel [message #97052 is a reply to message #97051] Mon, 09 October 2023 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I agree with you about being sorry for the breakout of violence. And I understand the length of the conflict - literally thousands of years old - and the added difficulties after Israel re-acquired their land in 1948. Some might say that differently, that they became a nation or other ways, and I'm not debating semantics. I just can see how difficult that all must have been and how it would have exacerbated tensions in that region.

I also agree with you that I hope somehow the sides will agree to forgive one-another and stop warring. But I also know that's easy to say from an armchair several thousand miles away. I do not mean to diminish anyone's pain or their reasons for resentments. I just would wish for compassion and humanity.

I'm definitely not a Muslim-basher. It's not religion that gets the trouble started - In my opinion, it's the lack of it. To me, the Hebrew, the Christians and the Muslims are all monotheistic Mesopotamians and I can identify with each of them.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message