Home » Audio » General » Remastered Music
Re: Remastered Music [message #96093 is a reply to message #96087] Tue, 18 October 2022 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I remember back in the 1980s, buying some of the "half speed master" albums because they were soooo much better. They really were. Wasn't just hype. The disks were night and day better. I thought then - and still do - that it was as much a result of a slight remix as it was the rest of the production process. But they were definitely worth it.

A few examples are Pink Floyd "Dark side of the Moon" and "Wish You Were Here" and also the Fleetwood Mac (floating ball) and "Rumours" albums. The Mobile Fidelity pressings of those are awesome.

Not sure about the modern remix vinyl versions of those particular albums - they may be great too - or maybe not. Haven't tried 'em.

I will say though that I've been pleased with every 180g modern pressing I've purchased, and I've bought a lot of 'em. They're not necessarily remixes though. Just new vinyl. Different subject.

Back to remixes - I must add that I think there are probably a lot of disks made today that are sold as remixes that aren't really all that much better, if at all. I've heard a few remixes on CD that I could not tell a difference, and some that I think are worse than the original offerings. Seems like it has always been CDs labeled "remix" that were underwhelming, but that may or may not be the case.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Not Able To Extract Audio From Video