Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Vintage Records
Re: Vintage Records [message #95287 is a reply to message #95282] Tue, 22 February 2022 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks but I'm a heretic in that regard. For most of my obscure material. I've had to use online merchants like Discogs or when I used it Ebay. I got to the point looking locally where I couldn't find what I wanted. As the vinyl resurgence blossomed the availability lessened. So, I have no qualms using the market pulling in sources from all over the place to make the odds more in my favor. One of my biggest hauls though was local. In the mid 90's when a local university went all digital they had a blowout bargain basement sell off of all their vinyl inventory. It was a mad house but I got some great jazz out of it.
I don't mind buying reissues at all. Vintage stuff can command nutty prices. For some, the collecting is a mania. Like the famous underground artist R.Crumb depicts. He's a 78 freak.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/e6371210336bba7473d0ab6532f710a3/tumblr_pyull9P83Z1s3w3ano1_1280.jpg

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Amazon Prime price hike...again
Next Topic: Nightmare Alley