Home » Audio » Source » Wide Spread RIAA Phono Stage Inaccuracies by Manufacturers (Inaccurate RIAA designs and correct calculator.)
Re: Wide Spread RIAA Phono Stage Inaccuracies by Manufacturers [message #95107 is a reply to message #95105] Sat, 22 January 2022 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
positron is currently offline  positron
Viscount
Strum Drum wrote on Sat, 22 January 2022 19:22
What's the reason behind the inaccuracies, though? I read the article and couldn't find the reason that so many models are like this. I saw this bit, - "These errors are due in part to the perpetuation in print of incorrect formulas for the design of the RIAA equalization networks commonly employed." However, I don't understand why it was an issue in the first place. I'm not an engineer, but I just assumed there was a standard that everyone followed.
What Stanley is stating is that the design equations used by the designers/engineers are not correct. It is one thing to calculate a single pole complex math problem, but when multiple poles are needed, very complex math is needed. The designers/engineers did not understand how to perform the correct math.

I surmised that there are equations in general, standard reference, use that are incorrect and were simply copied by many designers/engineers.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

pos

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Digital music hoarding
Next Topic: What happened with wire recorders?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 19 17:23:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio