Home » Audio » Source » Transcriptor Saturn
Re: Transcriptor Saturn [message #94821 is a reply to message #94785] Sun, 14 November 2021 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, BTW...I covered much of this earlier, but it really is a fiddly turntable and arm. Mine has the vestigial arm which is rather particular (think really particular) for cartridge compliance. The only cartridge that I have found that really tracks in it like it is supposed to is the ADC XLM. For those that are unfamiliar with this arm the total vertical moving mass is extremely small. It is just the rounded head shell. The vertical pivot is right at the back of the head shell. Horizontal mass is that of the arm itself and considering how thin and light it is also much smaller than most. Probably the only other are similar is the Black Widow arm from Dynavector. A cartridge with lower compliance will transmit vibrations to the arm thus the need for very high compliance. I would expect any really high compliance cartridge to work as long as it isn't to massive. As mentioned in my first post, this is quite tedious to set up. It has several settings that are not typical of other arms. Most relate to the pivot point, over hang, height of the arm and tilt of the arm. Several are inter related and alter each other. Be sure to look at instructions for it if it is the one you have. It is also difficult to get the tracking force right (as in nearly impossible). I finally went by looking at the stylus deflection and how it sounded as none of the scales I have gave good results. The literature for the TT states that it is not possible to get it right without one of their specially designed scales. They look like a modified one like the Shure ones.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The Intellectual People Podcast - Geshelli Labs