Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » New tungsols from SRS tubes and hickock results
Re: New tungsols from SRS tubes and hickock results [message #9295 is a reply to message #9230] Sat, 22 October 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I received a refund minus a "restocking fee"...I hope this does not mean they are "reselling" these same tubes. They stated that the tubes were just fine. They also complained about a small tear on one of the boxes, and "writing" ( Gm numbers) on the boxes. All I wanted them to do was replace the one bad tube. Easy for them to say that the tubes are OK, but not send them back so I could verify independently.. So, I paid twice on shipping plus a 15 % restocking fee from a seller who will not admit to having ANY bad tubes. I have since learned from other smaller scale dealers who will stand behind their product as to what the problem is. Their sources only warranty the tubes for short periods which usually expire while the tubes are still in the sellers possession. Also, for refund they must be returned to the factory in russia, and some of the small time dealers simply dont want to mess with it. the good ones eat the problem. Apparently others require their customers to. While your milage may definately vary, this is my tale of doing business (for the last time) with SRS-webstore.

Russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: is ok to put a tube PRE in front of SS amp?
Next Topic: Latest AudioExpress about amp with 6DZ7 output tube?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 03:08:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio