Home » Audio » Speaker » resistive load (Resistive load in audio re-production)
Re: resistive load [message #92255 is a reply to message #92254] Fri, 04 September 2020 19:13 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The connection topology won't change the reactivity of the load. They're all the same driver, and we're not changing any reactive components or properties. So the reactivity will be the same.

If something is purely resistive, then it is not reactive. So when I talk about the reactivity of the load, I'm also talking how much resistivity is there too. Reactivity is proportions of the inductive, capacitive and resistive elements.

That maybe isn't interesting here as we talk about the possible connections and how they'll affect sensitivity. But I did want to point out that the reactive proportions won't change when we connect these drivers in series / parallel groups. What will change is the overall average impedance, as you've shown. One way is 6.7Ω and the other is 9.6Ω.

Both are really close to the 8Ω goal, so both will be just fine. I personally would choose the 6.7Ω configuration, because it will give a slight increase in voltage sensitivity.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: B+C compression driver
Next Topic: Radian 475PB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 14:48:08 CDT 2024