Home » Audio » General » Vibration Control (How I learned to love the shower pan liner and stop worrying)
Re: Vibration Control [message #91389 is a reply to message #91382] Thu, 30 January 2020 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Hello Barry good job.
I hope your enjoying the 4Pi's!

I too built the Whammy and put it in their suggested (cheap) chassis...I forget which brand and model off hand.
The pcb slides in the chassis's long grooves, so It doesn't really get screwed in hard or solid, nor is it damped.
When I move or shake it doesn't seem to rattle or clank around though, I think once the face plate is installed, the pcb is pushed into the back plate holding it secure.

I also built the Forewatt preamp from Oddwatt Audio, which I enjoy much, much more, so I haven't really fussed with the Whammy too much since finishing it.

As far as tube micro-phonics, the new kt 120's do it too...at least mine did.

The first matched quad I ordered (for use on odd blocks) were bad enough to hear even without tapping the tubes or amps, so I had to send them back.
The next quad was micro-phonic when tapping the tubes, but not while sitting only powered on (like the first quad).
I haven't heard the new tubes be a problem at higher volumes (perhaps they are)... the mono blocks are sitting on the concrete floor slab.

I should note that the matched quad KT88's I ordered with the OddWatt amp kits have (almost) no micro-phonics while tapping the tubes.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Theme Song for A Blog
Next Topic: Forum Migration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 06:15:35 CDT 2024