Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Definimax 4012HO - End of Life
Re: Definimax 4012HO - End of Life [message #90843 is a reply to message #90415] Sat, 07 September 2019 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I spent a few hours today evaluating the Delta Pro 12 and found it to be a good drop-in candidate. So those of you that were interested in this driver - You can pull the trigger.

I was going to measure the 12PLB100 first, but the interest here for the Delta Pro 12 pushed me to measure it first. That and the fact that I didn't have to run the router to get it to fit.

The frequency response looks almost exactly like the Definimax 4012HO using the same crossover components. The Delta Pro 12 almost looks like it is a Definimax minus the shorting ring. The cones are a little different, but response is smooth between 600Hz and 1.2kHz, so the cone is well damped. The basket is the same and the magnet looks the same from the outside, although it's different internally. Still, all-in-all, I'd say the Delta Pro 12 is very much like a Definimax 4012HO sans Faraday ring. So for those that are wanting the Delta Pro 12, use the crossover components shown on the schematic for the Definimax.

I used the ICD in the WTPro system to evaluate the driver with various crossover topologies. Then I ran it with the same physical crossover used for the Definimax 4012HO. The main thing I was looking for was clean on-axis response and vertical nulls in the right positions, which are approximately +/-25°. In those respects, the Delta Pro 12 looks almost exactly like the Definimax 4012HO.

You can see what I was looking for in the thread called "Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakers." There's a link to a video in that thread that shows the exact process I was doing today.

I'll do the same thing tomorrow to learn if the 12PLB100 will work, and if so, what crossover components it will need. Then I'll modify the crossover schematic to list the new drivers and the crossover components required. I'll post here when I do, so stay tuned.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon10.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Where to get JBL 2226 Dustcap Replaced?
Next Topic: Time to build 2 pi towers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 15:44:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout