Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3 Pi plans
Re: 3 Pi plans [message #89868 is a reply to message #89862] Fri, 01 March 2019 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mabob is currently offline  Mabob
Chancellor
Thank you for the in depth answer Wayne!

This answers pretty much all the things I've been wondering about the use of flanking subs.

I was looking at the Definimax woofer, and even if it would be an update I won't go down that road at this moment. These are quite pricey and availability is not very good here.

The obvious choice for flanking subs would of course be the 3pi subwoofer, but being on a tight budget I'm looking for a budget alternative to this.

What I'm wondering is that if the flanking subs don't have to go very low lets say nothing below 40hz, could I get away with something less beefy than the LAB12? I really like the BFM Table Tuba and was wondering if the T18 loaded with a 10" would be up for the job? The horns are quite easy to drive, they don't need much power.

I can see one more way for an update and that is the 6Pi cornerhorn, since I have the corners for them. Would this be a good way to go for dealing with the issues in the bass?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message