Home » Audio » General » Scott Muni Has Died
Scott Muni Aircheck and Some Other Nostalgia [message #893 is a reply to message #882] Thu, 30 September 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
I poked around the internet to see whether there were any excerpts of a Scott Muni radio program. I ran across a great site, reelradio.com, which includes an aircheck of Scott Muni, Dan Ingram and Cousin Brucie, then on WABC-AM, reporting from the Delmonico Hotel while the Beatles were staying there on August 28, 1964. Among other things, they interview Ringo and Paul, and arrange to return a lost St. Christopher's medal to Ringo.

There are also airchecks of Rosko's October 2, 1967 on-air resignation from WOR-FM (following which he was hired by WNEW-FM), and an interview, five days later, of Rosko by Pete Fornatale, then on WFUV, about Rosko's resignation. Unfortunately, no Zacherle or Allison Steele. The site has a search engine, so you can enter the name of your favorite deejay or station and see what they have. For those who grew up in NYC in the '60s, there's plenty of WABC-AM and WMCA-AM (remember the Good Guys?).

Now I'm feeling REALLY old!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message