Home » Audio » General » Best $29.95 I ever spent in my audio hobby
I disagree with your conclusions [message #890 is a reply to message #887] Thu, 30 September 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Tom,
I disagree with your conclusions re: that the logicalconclusion is that a wave radio is as good as it gets.

I like both magazines: the sensible sound and especially the audio critic, because they (esp the audio critic) try to be scientific in their approach to what sounds good and what does not. imho, there is a serious lack of anything remotely scientific in our hobby. Most of the letters praising Audio critic are from professionals & scientists.

I would simply say to everyone: spend the $29.95. You'll get 13 issues of a magazine that reviews hardware and writes about music. At the very least, you can see what many in the high end audio business are trying to make darn sure you do not see (not that i think the posters here are in that category of course).

Anyways, all i can do is recommend. It's up to others to take or disregard that.

:-)
-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: If you think you've had a bad day, have a look at this. very funny! :P
Next Topic: Triode & Co's David Cope to be married October 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 04:40:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout