Home » Audio » General » Best $29.95 I ever spent in my audio hobby
Re: Best $29.95 I ever spent in my audio hobby [message #889 is a reply to message #887] Thu, 30 September 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
As much as I like to give people the benefit of the doubt on audio, I must agree with Tom; this guy Aczel has all the credibility of O'Jay Simpson. The rest of the Audio world has disenfranchised him and his ideas long ago. His periodic resurfacing from the depths of ignorance occurs every new generation until they wise up to his attention seeking antics and disregard his rediculous and childish self-promotion. Its the same old tired hackneyed flat-earth nonsense and by entertaining him we just waste opportunities to progress in this field.
There are lots of those old germanium transistor recievers out there, the Japanese dumped them on us with the fallacy of Vanishing Total Harmoronic Distortion while they bought up all those great sounding old tube amps from Fisher,and Scott and Harmon Kardon etc. Isn't it odd that years ago it was common to see a nice old console tube stereo with built in Turntable in the homes of your parents and neighbors. And to hear them being actually played on a regular basis in all those homes. Then right about the mid-seventies all of a sudden, POOF, everyone ran out and bought one of them thar new fangled transistor units, no distortion! Too bad as soon as you turned them up past go your ears would bleed. Funny how now most people don't even own a stereo, or they have a wave unit whatever that thing is. Gee, what happened?
Who needs an instant replay of Julian Hirsch; you can have it. I'll take music instead.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: If you think you've had a bad day, have a look at this. very funny! :P
Next Topic: Triode & Co's David Cope to be married October 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 04:40:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout