Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Cabinet Doors, 3Pi changes and Plan Request
Re: Cabinet Doors, 3Pi changes and Plan Request [message #87721 is a reply to message #87698] Fri, 06 April 2018 09:48 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks for your order, Josh. We're working on it now.

Also, I appreciate your offer for the CAD drawings, but we already have CAD drawings and even CNC code for some of the more complex models and parts. We don't provide those drawings or G-code because we don't want to encourage third-party flat-pack builders. There have been a few unapproved businesses that have sold flat-pack kits for our models, with one of the most aggressive being just a few years back. They usually start off offering to build cabinets or flat-pack kits as a favor or limited service, but then gradually transition to a full-fledged manufacturing operation.

We provide flat-pack kits for the more complicated horns, and will offer flat-pack kits for all models by the end of the year. This is something I've vacillated on over the years, because I've usually suggested to people that local builders do the work. Mos of the cabinets are simple to build, and the cost of shipping large cabinets is quite expensive, so my thinking was the savings could allow the builder to afford a high-quality finish or just put cash in their pockets. But still, many would like a flat pack offering, and third-parties seem to always try to fill the void. So we'll soon be offering flat-pack kits in addition to the existing kit offerings.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 7 PI digital to passive
Next Topic: 4pi: big sound?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 22:18:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio