Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3 Pi plans
Re: 3 Pi plans [message #86870 is a reply to message #86772] Sat, 23 December 2017 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tubemax is currently offline  tubemax
Baron
Hi Mathias,

I'm already using upgraded B&C DE250 driver with upgraded cross-over's with thicker coils, metal film resistors and quality Jantzen capacitors. Delta 12LFA is pretty good sounding driver but I guess a upgraded woofer would be a even better sounding unit in the future upgrade path.

I was thinking about 4Pi initially but abandoned idea due to the driver costs ( 440,- Euro for just one new JBL 2226 ) and the fact that is not going low enough in the frequency extension - which means you will need one subwoofer per channel as well.

Also, after a week of brake-in period, both drivers are just starting to loose a little bit and woofer is really going very deep - almost hitting 30Hz in the room response but still remaining tight, composed and in control - I like it!
Combination of H290C horn and B&C 250 driver is phenomenal - just smooth, relaxed and never biting - really high grade sound and totally unlike any other horn or dome tweeter I ever listened to in my life.

But, I have another problem which is unfolding - WAF factor.

It's so bad that I may need to loose Pi's and sell them ( wether complete or in the parts ) or face every day fight over why I made so big speakers in our small room... they do look and sound big but not everybody understands this... Sad

I did not see this coming and it feels like a cold shower at the moment... Confused

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message