Home » Audio » General » The "New" Audiophiles
Re: The "New" Audiophiles [message #86316 is a reply to message #86314] Thu, 12 October 2017 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I have a substantial amount of gear and LPs, CDs and tapes. When our children were here they listened to it and enjoyed it. All are gone now and I still enjoy my things. It is true that many of the younger set would rather have their music in other forms and that doesn't bother me. The gear is only the means not the "message". The fact that they like music is what is significant. I consider the trend in ever higher quality digital music and better players as a good thing. It entices more people to want to listen. While my system is entirely tube based and would be considered old time (it is not as I design and half own a company that sells the gear) I admit to having digital gear. I use a high end PC for music editing and a laptop and portable player that get use when I am away from my system. So, while what the "youngsters" are doing is different, I feel it is positive in nature.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Unique ways of improving sound
Next Topic: Do people still "burn in" their equipment?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 21 17:01:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio