Home » Audio » Source » Is vinyl coming back?
Re: Is vinyl coming back? [message #85368 is a reply to message #85361] Tue, 06 June 2017 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Yes there is a new interest in vinyl. Several indicators. One main turntable maker (Rega as I recall) made more turntables last year than any year since 1990. Similar things are going on in the actual manufacturing of records. New companies are coming on line and sales are way up. They are still small, but growing steadily. It seems that one source for material is the newest bands and artists. It doesn't make sense...but then lots of other things don't either. I am a big fan of vinyl and have hundreds of LPs. Also 6 turntables, all but two are in use now. I do have lots of digital stuff as well, but my personal preferance is for the sound of LPs. A nice thing about vinyl...it is available second hand. Used vintage LPs are quite cheap and often in good shape. Many that I get for 25 cents are nearly new. It is also a source of music that is not yet and may never be on digital down loads.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to play smaller records? Purchase new player?
Next Topic: What's the difference?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 15 07:51:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout