Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Negative criticism
Re: Negative criticism [message #84989 is a reply to message #84943] Wed, 12 April 2017 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, This may be part of a bigger issue, at least to me it seems so. We have become a society that wants to blame people for things. We want someone else to be the one at fault and not accept our own personal responsibility for problems ...or when something goes wrong. So pointing out someone else's failure somehow makes us feel better...or at least superior. It may also relate to our ever increasing isolation. We communicate frequently by electronic means rather than in person. It is really easy to criticize someone by electronic means. You don't really need to confront them, there is no likelihood they will punch you in the nose, you don't have to witness their manner of handling the issue. A very long time ago I decided that only type of response I would give would have a positive slant regardless of how big the "fault" was. Providing a positive response is often likely to form the basis for better action in the future. The person on the receiving end will not "tune out" on you and may start thinking along lines of how to avoid not only the basis for the criticism, but apply the thought process to new or other situations. This brings me back to the initial thought that by providing a positive response you can feel good and in a private way, superior (don't over do it). Just my two cents, about 98 more and I can get a cup of coffee.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Yankees
Next Topic: Where can I read a guide to web hosting and servers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 23:33:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio