Home » Audio » General » Audio gone on laptop
Re: Audio gone on laptop [message #84097 is a reply to message #84080] Tue, 13 December 2016 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, This seems to be an ever more often problem. The more Microsoft fixes things the more things that don't work. A worse issue IMO is that Microsoft installs lots of APPS than I have zero use for on a desk PC. Without telling you either. Fortunately I have two different programs that can ferret them out and I trash them. There were 26 earlier this month in a supposed update. Back to having things quit....my external sound card (twice), my mouse (once), my Ethernet card (once), my graphics program still doesn't function well on attachments to emails and once some unknown failure that caused the PC to go into safe mode. Not a great track record IMO. If I had a really unusual PC I could understand some of the problems. It is mostly typical, ASRock board with an A6 CPU, 4 GB ram, 256 SSD, Siig audio and Nvidia video all on a wired LAN. If Microsoft keeps trying to cater more to phones and tabs it may drive me to Linix. Stepping off my soap box now....

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Gift ideas
Next Topic: Which PI speakers are these?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 22:14:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio