Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi Flush Mounting Information (2016)
Re: 4 Pi Flush Mounting Information (2016) [message #82581 is a reply to message #82577] Wed, 04 May 2016 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

This is a very useful thread, thank you!

My 2ยข:

Flush mounting does nothing for the acoustics, but it's great for aesthetics, at least in my opinion. I really like the look.

I use gaskets under the waveguide, the crossover board and under any other part or panel that might buzz or leak. Midwoofers too, but they usually have a gasket built-in. The 2226 is an exception - I don't use the O-Ring supplied and use a PVC gasket instead.

The PVC gasket material is 40 mils thick.

As for scrap wood behind the mounting holes, when I have cabinets routed for flush mounting, the remaining wood thickness is small. So like you mentoned, I add a panel of wood behind it to make it thicker in that local area. I sometimes use a ring, sometimes just a square piece of wood. Occasionally I'll have the whole baffle made double thick. It's all pretty low-tech, and no reason to overthink the process.

The binding post plate can be mounted anywhere. I like to put it near the bottom, about two or three inches up and centered.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Dimensions for the speaker box terminal plate cutout
Next Topic: 4 Pi build questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 16:40:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects