Home » xyzzy » Tower » UPS letting us down! (Packages getting handed off to Post office)
Re: UPS letting us down! [message #79182 is a reply to message #79174] Thu, 30 January 2014 21:43 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, You remarks are quite true but miss the point that was at least to me key in this tread. I doubt that anyone would say that handling huge number of packages in a day is easy, what the problem is not providing the level of service that is desired. I really don't care if there is a 100% increase of deliveries on a given day, only that mine didn't arrive. I suspect that the companies know pretty much when they can expect higher workloads (if they don't then they should get out of the business) and correspondingly they need to have a plan to ramp up capabilities. I see another issue that relates to the situation. I will provide an example (actually 2). I ordered some components from California (about 600 miles away). Using the shipping company's own tracking service the parts made it from California to Phoenix in about 24 hours. That is really good and worthy of praise. Then the parts sat in Phoenix for 3 business days and 2 weekend days before being sent here for local delivery (a distance of 175 miles). It still took another business day to get the parts. If you can find someone to believe this is a good thing ....I'll be glad to sell you the Grand Canyon at a really good discount. BTW the shipments were not at Christmas or any other "peak" time. I'm sorry if I offended any diligent and concerned employees but what I have experienced with ever increasing frequency is mediocre service by delivery companies. Having run a logistics company in the past and now a small business that relies heavily on deliveries I find the trend appalling. Just my 2 cents, I'm hope your results are better.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Target security breach
Next Topic: Best place to buy internet cable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 04:01:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio