Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » flat response
Re: flat response [message #78252 is a reply to message #78249] Thu, 31 October 2013 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
fakamada is currently offline  fakamada
Esquire
Maybe I used wrong words. Don't get me wrong. Your measurements fit perfectly into +-3db margin, which is great. What really interests me is what exactly is happening inside that margin. I'm personally not a fan of perfectly flat response. Especially with pro speakers I prefer a little bit of downward slope up to the highs, which is exactly what I see in your measurements.
what intrigues me are these topics:

- more energy around 800hz-1500hz (4pi) and 1khz-3khz (3pi). My guess was that MAYBE you want to compensate for a dip in vertical off axis response. But in case of 3pi it is somewhat outside of this vertical dip region

- differences in response between 3pi and 4pi. Why are they different. In the midrange and top two octaves

- what is your take on musical, pleasant and realistic response. I had some experience with DSP and I know than little compensations here and there can even change soundstaging. For example recessed vocal range, puts a singer deeper in the soundstage - feels more distant.

Regards,
Kuba

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Who wants to see some $54 resistors? Hands?
Next Topic: Could this be Peace In Our Time?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 18:16:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio