Home » Audio » General » Autism and Audio (increased hearing sensitivity and music)
Re: Autism and Audio [message #77291 is a reply to message #77267] Thu, 25 July 2013 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
RustyC is currently offline  RustyC
Baron
Yes Roxxi, it upsets him when something is not right. He won't play his grandmother's piano, because she uses some tuner who, according to my son, doesn't get it quite right. Plus something about the way the cabinet vibrates...I don't know.
He's better now, at least in not complaining too loudly, but when he was young, he would get really nearly hysterical sometimes about some sounds.
We always tell the story about when he and his brother were both taking piano lessons. His older brother was ahead maybe a year. Baby had been taking lessons a few months. So Big Brother has this classical piece, Something in G (Key of G has one sharp, all the rest are the usual "white notes"). Every time he would practice it, baby brother would yell, from where ever he was in the house, "No!, that's not blahblah in G!" It sounded right to all the rest of us. But we get to the lesson, and the teacher asks BigBrother, is there some reason you're not playing the sharp note? He was playing the tune and all that correctly, but he was playing it in C, basically, because he was forgetting to "sharp" the F. So, Baby B was right it was not BlahBlah in G, because it was not in G! He'd been taking only a few months!
It's been an experience.
Some day I'll tell you about the 4 state search for the perfect violin.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Best Earbuds for Workout
Next Topic: Songs for sound-tests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 04:47:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects