Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi crossover study
Re: 4Pi crossover study [message #77208 is a reply to message #77204] Thu, 18 July 2013 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I'm sure some one else will chime in with ideas, but my first thoughts are regarding how you are measuring the levels. Two things particularly, the physical location for the mic. It could be in a null region or off axis of the main sound pattern. Second the actual equipment used to do the measuring. I have a shop full of gear and still get mixed results when I look at the stuff above 10K. It really doesn't matter what source, which speakers or exactly where I do the measuring. The room seems to cause the problem. The sound is there, I can sweep the spectrum and hear it (up to about 14K then my ears go south). So I figure that if something measures well at 10K it is likely just fine above that. BTW I have used Wayne's crossover in a pair of 7 cubic foot cabinets (tuned to 24 HZ) with a Goldwood 15 inch woofer, Wayne's horn and the Eminence drivers. Great sound.

EDIT: I see that Wayne answered at the time I was writing.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message