Home » Audio » Speaker » Open Baffle Speakers
Re: Open Baffle Speakers [message #77036 is a reply to message #77033] Sun, 16 June 2013 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I haven't used mine in a while either. But back in the 1990s, I wanted to listen to a program that wasn't available in my area. The nearest 50kW boomer station was WOAI in San Antonio. I can catch that station in Tulsa on most decent radios, but it is intermittent, depending on time of day and atmospheric conditions. So to prevent dropouts, I bought a Select-A-tenna. It's just a loop antenna with a variable tuner, you know. Works so well - when I dial it in to WOAI, I get it like it was a local station any time of day. But then a few years later, one of the local Tulsa stations started brodcasting the the program I wanted to hear, so I haven't used that Select-A-tenna since.

I might blow the dust off and take it with me to my commute gig though. During the week, I am in a part of Northwestern Arkansas - right on the edge of the Ozarks - and it's like a black hole here. No radio. I can stream stuff on the internet, of course, but I kind of like using my old analog radios. So I may bring that Select-A-Tenna to the Arkansas Apartment.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic chatter. Carry on!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How Do Amplifiers Actually Work?
Next Topic: Tuning below Fs with JBL 2226H?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 17 19:16:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio