Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Why do you not use summed bass for flanking subs?
Re: Why do you not use summed bass for flanking subs? [message #75374 is a reply to message #75373] Mon, 28 January 2013 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
j0nnyfive is currently offline  j0nnyfive
Baron
Gotcha! Thanks for that explanation!

Now, I'm more of a movie man than music man. The center channel tends to be pretty important (as you know). I feel that I would instinctively want the center to have a flanking sub. What would you think about a flanking sub for the center channel only? If you were setting up a home theater, do you still feel that left and right flanking subs are more important than a flanking sub for center channel? I've read that most dialogue and music goes to the center channel (I'm not sure how true this is).

Are you coming from more of a music angle in your prescriptions or are you music/theater neutral? I'm 85% movies/ 15% music (in my interests). It is kinda nerve-grating when music lovers use the phrase "It's just for movies so it doesn't matter... etc etc". lol YES IT DOES! Can you tell me your thoughts on this? Thanks again!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Value of L1 on 7Pi schematic?
Next Topic: Anyone Gone From A Planar Type Speaker To 4Pi's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 02:46:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout