Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Subwoofers vs budget... where do you draw the line?
Re: Subwoofers vs budget... where do you draw the line? [message #75275 is a reply to message #75274] Thu, 17 January 2013 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Too long, never. You gave me some ideas. All probably bad as my system is just fine now. A pair of Martin Logan Vista electrostatics and a pair of Martin Logan powered subs. But..... I have 4 more other brand powered subs in storage. Now if I put one in each corner of the room for max room gain and the other two in the middles of the flanking walls.... If I cranked everything up at once it would probably cause serious internal gastric distress not to mention possible structural failure of the room. Then to top it off I have a pair of 7.5 cubic foot un-powered subs and a few spare amps and crossovers. Seismic overload. Laughing

Anyhow, I certainly agree on the minimum of two subs. In my case two really are enough that's why the others are in storage right now. I did at one point try 4 in various combinations of flanking, asymmetric and symmetric patterns and found that it was difficult to avoid serious peaks and nulls. With only two and some reasonable test gear you can usually make two work IMHO.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Old veneer method, new to me...and it worked!
Next Topic: 4Pi and 7Pi Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 17:41:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout