Home » Audio » General » What Was Your First Stereo?
Re: What Was Your First Stereo? [message #75267 is a reply to message #75258] Tue, 15 January 2013 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Not so high class... a 10 watt solid state amp from Lafayette Electronics (long gone into the sunset now) a BSR record changer and a pair of Lafayette Minuette speakers. Complete with a Sonotone stereo ceramic cartridge with a saphire needle (really high tech then). All the stuff is long gone but it was cool back then. Eventually a 7 inch reel to reel monaural tape recorder joined the fray.

Now I have more stuff than I can count. I should open a stereo store... 4 turntables, at least 6 preamps, 3 stereo receivers, 2 HT multichannel receivers, unknown number of amps (6 tube mono blocks and 3 stereo tube amps in the living room alone - probably about 6-9 more in the shed). No idea how many pairs of speakers are here now (best guess is about 20 pairs, many name brand vintage ones, Altec Lansing, Klipsch, etc, 6 powered subs of assorted sizes, a pair of huge free air sub woofers. Small wonder I had to get a "barn" style shed with loft to store much of it. I guess this is what happens when you become your own boss and design electronics for the fun of it. Being half owner in a company that sells kits of a number of the things designed could be part of it as well. No telling how many prototypes are on the premises. Sorry everyone... the topic got me carried away. Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What happened to standards for advertised power?
Next Topic: My Husband's Ear
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 17:20:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout