Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers [message #74656 is a reply to message #74653] Thu, 29 November 2012 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
zheka is currently offline  zheka
Viscount
Interesting. I never thought of it this way because I am dealing with multichannel HT so bass management is a given. If I used subs for the individual channels only, they would never get the LFE or LF content from other channels. Seems a little wasteful to me. Besides I would not know how to implement it even if I wanted to try. I guess if the receiver has line level outputs this could work. Still I'd probably want at least one powerful sub upfront that would be getting summed LF signal.

The (apparently wrong) way I had it done in my system was by setting the LPF on the receiver high, say 120-150Hz, setting the mains to "full", and adjusting LPF on the distant subs only to values under 80Hz. This indeed helped with the interference notches all the way to 200Hz or so.

How powerful would the flanking subs have to be in your scenario? Can they be limited to, say, 60-250Hz range?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Notes on Ironing Veneer, Using Watco and ... a distress signal?
Next Topic: 4Pi plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 12:02:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout