Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Multiple 4pi per channel
Re: Multiple 4pi per channel [message #74486 is a reply to message #74418] Fri, 16 November 2012 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Benji is currently offline  Benji
Esquire
Wayne, thank you for the reply, unfortunately I'd lack the skills and knowledge to know what I was doing! I can cut and put together something that has already been proven with instruction, no problem! But to go out there and start trying something new? Probably not, unless you think that:

1. The changes wouldn't be too drastic.
2. The ability to test is relatively simple and not too expensive.
3. You'd have enough patience with me!

Smile

So from what you are saying, a 4pi stacked upside-down on top of another would work for one channel without having to remodel anything?

Basically I'm looking to have something that would keep up with two or four 12pi's per channel (realistically only two but I was curious how far you could take it with the 4pi's as well) for a bit of outdoor fun.

Out of curiosity, what is the correct way to stack two and four 12pi's (taking into account the cooling plates)? I note the sub is rated for 1600Wrms, I'm guessing that's for both subs in each cabinet combined? What's the nominal impedance?

My thoughts were an EP2000 per 12pi but not sure if that should be bridged or not and an EP2000 per pair of 4pi's per channel (not bridged) though again I'm not sure on the impedance and if it's suitable for both duties, I know the IB sub guys love it for sub duties.

Perhaps I need to look around the forums a little more or is that kind of information in the plans?

Thanks again for entertaining my crazy plan Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 4 Pi Plan Request
Next Topic: 4Pi plans & OTL amps?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 12:09:05 CDT 2024