Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Guitar Amp (What would be the best type of amp to get for my guitar?)
Re: Guitar Amp [message #74458 is a reply to message #74176] Mon, 12 November 2012 21:54 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
What kind of music do you play? That will tell us a little about what amp to recommend. Are you going to be mic'ing your amps and running through the PA system of wherever you are playing, or are you going to be using the amp's speaker cab as the sole sound source? Are you going to be playing in your bedroom 95% of the time or do you have a dedicated practice space where you can turn up and let loose all the time? Do you like to use pedals for distortion, or do you want to rely on the amps distortion? That info and your budget will give me a little info to suggest what amps you might like to look at.

As a side note: what guitarists sound do you like or would like to "emulate". Obviously you can't/won't sound like them as a lot of an individuals tone is in the fingers and picking, but it would give us an idea of the sound you'd like to go for.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Recording Outdoors
Next Topic: Found out what to do with all these 6SN7's I have
Goto Forum: