Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Repair JBL 2226H cone?
Re: Repair JBL 2226H cone [message #73671 is a reply to message #73670] Sat, 25 August 2012 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Silas is currently offline  Silas
Chancellor
Wayne Parham wrote on Sat, 25 August 2012 09:40

Was the driver that sagged sold as a brand-new driver?

I'm a little bit skeptical about brand-new JBL 2226H drivers at $110.00. They're worth at least three times that and often selling for five times that much, so that's a very good deal.

Not saying it can't happen, maybe someone is just needing to liquidate. But they would have absolutely no trouble unloading new 2226H woofers at $350.00, and they'd be giving a good deal at that price beacuse they're really hard to find these days.

JBL is still not shipping 2226H drivers from the factory, and last I heard it would be October before they delivered any. That is 12 months since the last shipment.

Buying a 2226 for $110.00 and getting it reconed for $190.00 is acceptable, in my opinion. It isn't a great deal, but isn't bad either, not at all. When you are done, you are assured of having a 100% good-as-new driver.

I was mistaken. I re-checked his "for sale" post and they were listed as in "good used condition." I'm not sure why I thought they were brand new.

I agree that it's a reasonable deal, since they are worth so much more. However, being a college student, I'm on a very limited budget with my build and I just don't have the funds allotted right now to pay for a $190 recone.

Also, what is the method by which I would know if a driver has its original cone, or at least a genuine JBL replacement? One of the other drivers he sold me is a slightly different color and I'm skeptical that it is a JBL cone.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How much duratex to cover three 4Pi's?
Next Topic: 3 Pi Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 24 08:19:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout